1.14.2014

The revolution of my hair.. Within two days....

How I got from this:



To this:


Okey.. So I should probably start with the beginning.. A few weeks ago me and a friend of mine, Nicole, who you see in the pic above, found an amazing haircut from Katy Perry. This one, actually:



We were totally in love! We have always loved crazy colors and I've been secretly wantin pastel/lila hair for a while. So after some thinking we went to Kinki Kappers to get me some purple hair dye. The dye we got was like a shampoo, so it wouldn't last any longer than two weeks, they said. We chose the dark purple because that one would stay pretty for a little longer than if I took the light one, also I have LOTS and LOTS of hair so we were going to thin the dye with lots of conditioner and than it would become lighter anyways. We needed to get my hair a little lighter than it was already so at first we bleached it. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME! Normal hair won't stand a chance against bleaching products ALL OVER YOUR HAIR but I have wicked strong and lots of hair so thats just different, lol. Okey so here's the result from that:



I should have stopped here.. Some cool color washing on top of this and BAM cool white hair. But no. Miss me wanted to continue. So, there goes nothing!



So.. Uhmm.. Wow. This is VERY EXTREME! We emptied a WHOLE bottle of conditioner in the washing but it didn't really lighten it up as you can see.. Especially in the first pic, it's almost UV light coming trough.. I thought that was from the light on the camera, because in the second pic the color toned down a little bit. At this point I was very happy and thought it was very cool, although I would have liked it to be lighter. My friend LOVED it, she still does if I show here these pics. But.. The next morning.. I went outside to go to the hair salon where my mom works, she's a hairdresser, because she was going to give me a simple haircut. I stepped outside in the bright daylight and MAN was I happy for not being able to see myself, because I seriously looked like a purple flashlight. Oh yeah, almost like an Oompa Loompa because I'm tanned a little bit.. AWKWARD... So I went to the salon and it was horrible, we immediately started trying to get this color off of me! It was a simple shampoo dye they said, so with a bleach washing we should be able to get it out. Result of that?:


Yep. That's right. See my smile there? Here the haircut was still to come. Besides the fact that my hair was blue like a smurf, the second time bleaching KILLED my overly strong hair. So much, that it had to be cut short again... About a year ago I cut a short asymmetric bob and I was SO happy that my hair was a little longer again!! So when my mom started cutting my dead slick hair, my hair never was slick, I cried. Oh, before that we had to dye it almost black. :




As you can see, the tears are still in my eyes here. O wait this was the beginning she just started cutting here. And my hair was still green after the dying.. After lots of tears and issues and drama, this was the end result:



As you can see, still teary eyes. The duck face just had to cover it up a little. Almost everyone likes it but it's just not who I am. I am a blonde and I need long hair.. But hey, what's left to do? My mom gave me an expensive healing cream shizzle package to get my upset and dead hair a little calm. We also purchased a fake pony tale:


It's a little heavy though so I probably won't really wear it..

A few days later, I found peace:


Now I sometimes wear my hair like this, other times like this:


I have NEVER cried over my hair before, but seeing it die for the first time was a little heavy on me. I had to accept the fact that I will have to wait for a whole year again before my hair starts reaching over my shoulders, but that's okay. There are bigger problems in the world! *I have to stop now before I start crying again* Hope you enjoyed! xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment